POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives : Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:18:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives
From: Darren New
Date: 24 Apr 2009 09:43:23
Message: <49f1c1fb$1@news.povray.org>
somebody wrote:
> Still cuts down on bandwidth, since popular content = high bandwidth usage.
> Why should strict www users subsidize p2p traffic?

It's not about bandwidth. And, truly, popular web sites take *less*
bandwidth than unpopular ones. That's what proxy servers are for.

> There may be any number of reasons for ISPs to fine tune their services, or
> not to. My point is, they should be *able* to do that, if they chose to do
> so.

But you don't have any good reason for saying that, right?

I don't mind the ISP deciding what I can see and what I can't, as long as
the ISP is *also* responsible for what they decide to deliver. If they're
going to filter legal content, they should be responsible for not filtering
illegal content.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)